NOTE for Merrimack Beta Customers: This has been posted with permission from CF team management. Merrimack Beta customers are NDA and not allowed to disclose details about it. (You can say being on the engineering team of CF, has its priviledges ;-)
The updater for CF7 has been code named "Merrimack", and will be out shortly. It is currently in the Beta phase.
Merrimack is an incremental release designed to update platform support, roll up all hot fixes and security fixes to-date, update internal OEM technology with new patches and bug fixes, and includes some small incremental functional improvements over the ColdFusion MX 7 release.
In addition to including nearly 200 bug fixes, the ColdFusion MX 7 Updater Beta includes new support for the following platforms:
- Windows 2003 Service Pack 1
- Red Hat Linux AS 3.0 and 4.0
- SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 8 and 9
- AIX 5L v5.1, v5.2, and v5.3
- IBM WebSphere Application Server (WAS) Network Deploy (ND)
- Oracle Application Server 10g
- Some basic support for IPv6
- A full Mac OSX Installer, with an install experience similar to that on Windows
- Oracle 10g RDBMS support (note that 10g Real Application Clusters (RAC) are not supported with the Updater)
Some of the additional Updater internal updated technology includes:
- Axis version 1.2.1 (Final)
- JRun Updater 5 + hot fixes
- Verity 5.5 Patch Level 19
- Other key internal OEM technology updates and fixes
In addition to the bug fixes and new platform support, the updater will contain some small feature enhancements including Java CFCProxy support for calling CFC's directly from Java in Enterprise Edition, some small tag attribute enhancements, a small number of new CFML functions, including EncryptBinary(), DecryptBinary(), GetLocalHostIP(), IsLocalHost(), SMS Gateway character set & data encoding enhancements, CFPOP image attachment enhancements, and more.